Click on one of the people below to find out more information.
Irma and her 2 sons, Rob and Tony, took over a Ford dealership in Michigan after the death of her husband in 1983 and built it into one of the largest woman-owned businesses in the country. The Mexico-born Elder continued to acquire dealerships during the automotive downturn and today it has grown 9 dealerships selling the Ford, Lincoln, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin brands in Michigan and Florida. Mrs. Elder passed away Sept. 30th 2014. Her legacy continues through her son Rob Elder and his family.
Rob Elder is a CEO who has always put supporting the community first. Robert Elder was born in Royal Oak, Michigan and worked his way through the automotive industry under the guidance of his parents who established the Elder Automotive Group in 1967. His mother, Irma Elder (an immigrant from Mexico), took over the family business upon her husband's passing in 1982 and became one of the largest female-owned businesses in the country. She became a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Association of Minority Automobile Dealers (NAMAD).
Elder, now the President and CEO of the Elder Automotive Group, has been awarded with the industry's most coveted and prestigious awards and regularly gives back to his community. The Group is the seven-time winner of the Ford Motor Group President's Award, five-time winner of the GM Dealer of the Year Award, and 17-time winner of the Pride of Jaguar. In 2014, the following recognitions were some of the group's highlighted achievements:
· Ford Motor Group President's Award, which is Ford Motor Company's highest honor.
· Salute to Dealers Award, which recognizes dealers who go above and beyond when it comes to giving back to their communities.
· Jaguar Land Rover North America 2014/15 Pride of Jaguar Retailer Excellence Award.
· Replay Tampa Bay Nomination for Tampa Bay Business Journal Nonprofit of the Year Award.
· Nomination for Automotive News' Best Dealerships to work for in the U.S.
· Elder Ford of Tampa has been recognized as one of the top five ROUSH dealerships in the United States and number one in the Southeast region for 2014.
· Supporter of Shooting with Special Operation Forces (SOF), which supports the Green Beret Foundation, the Foundation for Exceptional Warriors and other local veteran charities.
· Fundraising and personal contributions to the Bubba the Love Sponge® (BTLS) Foundation which provides financial assistance to windows and families of fallen first responders, as well as Support the Troops Foundation.
· Supporter of Drive 4 Ur School, Brooks-DeBartolo Collegiate High School, Gramatica Family Foundation Charity, Operation Gratitude, Dreamcatcher Summer Program for University Area Community Development Corp., Inc. and the Angel Tree program.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. We know there are many places you can shop for your next vehicle. We want to be your dealership for life. The only way to achieve that, is to take care of you each and every time you come in. I have been assisting customers in the automotive business for over 30 years and I look forward to earning your business. Call me on my cell if I can ever assist you personally.