*SPW Coverage on Ford & Motorcraft Parts replaced at Customer Expense
Parts not replaced under Company Expense, and installed or sold by dealerships or authorized distributors to retail and wholesale customers qualify for the following warranty coverage:
· Parts & labor to replace defective part within 24 months/unlimited miles
· Towing is covered, if required, but only if the vehicle is not covered under the Roadside Assistance Program.
· Warranty begins from date of installation, as noted on the vehicle owner repair order
Sold Over-the-Counter to a Retail Purchaser
· Part Warranty is 24 months/unlimited miles
· For a retail purchaser, warranty begins on the date of sale as stated on the OTC invoice.
· Labor is not reimbursable
Sold Over-the-Counter to a Fleet, Installer or Wholesaler
· For a fleet, general installer or wholesaler, warranty begins on the date of installation or resale.
Parts & labor to replace defective part within 24
· Fleets and Installer labor is reimbursable up to $150/claim. Labor amount is calculated using the installer or fleet cost of labor multiplied by published labor time standard. Total cost is not to exceed the Ford Labor Times standard hours multiplied by the processing dealership's warranty labor rate.
· Diagnostic steps taken to determine cause of warranted concern with diagnostic results must be clearly documented on the installer repair order along with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Warranty parts and labor reimbursement requests must be supported by diagnostic labor steps and test results.
· All parts replaced under warranty by an installer or fleet must be returned to the selling dealer.
SPW Coverage on Parts Replaced at Company Expense
Parts replaced at Company expense (e.g., Customer Satisfaction Programs, Special Service Instructions, Field Service Actions (FSA), or Customer Loyalty Plan) are covered under the applicable Service Parts Warranty stated below or the remaining portion of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (if any), whichever is greater.
· Ford/ Lincoln Cars & Light Trucks: The parts and accessories warranty is: 12 months / 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first
· 650 and higher series trucks: The parts and accessories warranty is: 12 months / unlimited miles, whichever occurs first
· The Limited Warranty may be honored by the original installer or any Ford/Lincoln Dealer, even though that particular dealer was not the original purchaser/seller of the part.
· In order for the Dealer, Fleet or Installer to claim the Limited Warranty, the dealer, fleet, installer or customer must provide the original vehicle owner's repair order or sales slip with VIN when original repairs are requested.All existing coverage statements will be updated with a new heading to state effective with parts sold prior to October 1, 2013.
Elder Ford of Tampa